Betfair Developers

Python
A place to discuss Betfair API programming with the Python language

Default BetFair Python Beginner

Hello,

I am a beginner to the Python API space and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction on where to begin.

I just want to learn the basics like how to get prices on certain markets and how to place a bet. Could someone point me in the right direction on where to start? I must admit that after days of research, I am still a bit lost.

I spent a lot of time looking at the bfpy library today, but even in this instance, could not figure out where to begin.

Apologies in advance for the very basic questions and thanks for your help.

Hey,

I am just slightly ahead on the (steep) learning curve.

I would recommend starting at the basics and complete some Python tutorials, forget about the BF application initially.

Try this

http://markatsmartersig.wordpress.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Value123 View Post
Hello,

I am a beginner to the Python API space and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction on where to begin.

I just want to learn the basics like how to get prices on certain markets and how to place a bet. Could someone point me in the right direction on where to start? I must admit that after days of research, I am still a bit lost.

I spent a lot of time looking at the bfpy library today, but even in this instance, could not figure out where to begin.

Apologies in advance for the very basic questions and thanks for your help.