Betfair Developers

Other
Other programming languages

Default R and the Betfair Exchange Stream API

Hi, I've been playing around with R to do some betting through betfair.

Using either the abettor or betfaiR package I was able to retrieve prices and place bets.
But neither of those packages at first sight allow for streaming.

Quote:
The Exchange Streaming API provides low latency access to Betfair Exchange market data allowing you to subscribe to and efficiently track changes to market, price and order data.

Of course I don't want to awkardly loop a request for prices to build my own live-streaming. I assume I will run into some data limits by doing so.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of connecting to the Exchange Streaming with R. I want to be notified of an update in prices...

There used to be a polling limit of 5 per second on MarketBook requests (every 200ms)

Looks like you will need to work out how sockets work in R if you want to use streaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamP View Post
There used to be a polling limit of 5 per second on MarketBook requests (every 200ms)

Looks like you will need to work out how sockets work in R if you want to use streaming.
If that is the only limit, that is really good news. Once or twice a second would be live enough for me right now. Thanks for the hint. I will study sockets in R, although I've used them before so should be doable! Thanks again

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamP View Post

I actually moved to Python using your BetfairLight. Very nice.
Finally reached the point to start testing the streaming functions.
Do you know if there is a way to test the Streaming API for free (delayed is fine)?

Currently I get a:
{"op":"status","id":2,"statusCode":"FAILURE","erro rCode":"NOT_AUTHORIZED","errorMessage":"AppKey is not configured for service","connectionClosed":true,"connectionId":"1 00-150417184019-314211"}

Tags
exchange price, exchangestreaming, streaming