Betfair Developers

Exchange API
Discussion about the Betfair Sports Application Programming Interface - API NG

Thread Closed
BDP Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsoft1 View Post
Cannot find anything about planned release dates - I understand the beta is available, but that is about all I have found out.
Hi,

We expect to open the next API up to a full public preview shortly. I.e., anyone who wants to sign up to the preview will be able to do so and test the next API.

We will also include bet placement, cancelling, and bet editing methods in the public preview.

This is good news Mark, will you also be able to share with us more details regarding data rates, throttling and pricing?
Application architecture can be very dependent on these constraints.

Will the new version have its own log-in procedure?

The reason I ask is that without a login for the new version my test program for the new version still has to carry an awful lot of 'baggage' from my API6 programs ... Axis, the API WSDL etc etc just for the purpose of logging-in and it would good to be able to write a new fully independent 'lightweight' test program.

Also could you confirm that any future versions will still use REST as well as RPC? I'm currently using REST and don't want to be stuck with it if REST is likely to be dropped at some time in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgoTrader View Post
1. They never pomised anything, no promise - no missed deadline

2. I never used WSDL, the old API lib parses the XML directly, WSDLs are needed for staticly typed languages like C# or C++ to generate model classes.

The new lib uses native JSON, no parsing needed.
Thanks Algotrader...

Hi there, setting up my own bot using the php packages and modifying the example files that were very kindly posted on this forum was a very steep learning curve for me...

I'm just wondering if these files will still work when the new API goes live without any changes? If changes are required will I be able to use php to connect still?

I'm not that au fait with many programming languages and any info or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know what files you were using but my guess is no they won't 'just work'. If the code is properly separated you would hope that the bot logic would remain the same with only the network layer needing to change.

They are planning on running the old API side by side for some time yet, so no need to panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaitek1 View Post
This is good news Mark, will you also be able to share with us more details regarding data rates, throttling and pricing?
Application architecture can be very dependent on these constraints.
This is the key question that we need resolved sooner rather than later. Any news, or at least any idea when it will be confirmed?

Thanks

Thanks aubergine, good to know I won't need an overhaul for at least a while.

I used the files and example that were posted in this thread http://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=786

It sounds like you are saying that the BetfairAPIFramework stuff (coded in php) will all need updating but my bespoke php files will still work, anyone able to confirm for me please?

How to navigate and find markets will be very different in the APINEXT I think?

If so I can imagine that a framework wont be 100% compatible after its been adapted to the new API.

Hi Mark, where do I sign up?
Thread Closed