Betfair Developers

Python
A place to discuss Betfair API programming with the Python language

Exclamation Cannot retrieve prices using listMarketBook

Hi all,

I am trying to retrieve prices for a soccer match using listMarketBook and I have spent 10 hours trying to understand what I am doing wrong without any luck. When I construct the parameters for the requests I am using:

json_req = '{"marketIds" : ["' + str(marketId) + '"], "PriceProjection" : {"PriceData" : ["EX_BEST_OFFERS"], "virtualise" : ["true"]}}'

which passes the below:

{"marketIds" : ["1.131528078"], "PriceProjection" : {"PriceData" : ["EX_BEST_OFFERS"], "virtualise" : ["true"]}}

but what is returned back does not include any prices.
Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagodas View Post
Hi all,

I am trying to retrieve prices for a soccer match using listMarketBook and I have spent 10 hours trying to understand what I am doing wrong without any luck. When I construct the parameters for the requests I am using:

json_req = '{"marketIds" : ["' + str(marketId) + '"], "PriceProjection" : {"PriceData" : ["EX_BEST_OFFERS"], "virtualise" : ["true"]}}'

which passes the below:

{"marketIds" : ["1.131528078"], "PriceProjection" : {"PriceData" : ["EX_BEST_OFFERS"], "virtualise" : ["true"]}}

but what is returned back does not include any prices.
Any ideas?
Fairly sure the API is case sensitive (camelCase), priceProjection, priceData etc.

Use the visualizer and open up developer tools, you can see the requests/responses saved me chucking my laptop out the window a few times

Also if you are using python:

https://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=3373

I didn't think of opening the developer tools (this is what happens when the brain is burnt...).

camelCase was one of the problems. the other one that "virtualise" : "true" without brackets...

thanks a lot for the help!

Tags
listmarketbook, prices, python